As the usage of the smartphones increased with the help of the high cellular network speeds, the usage of voice-over-ip communication is dramatically increased. The security of the content of the communication becomes crucial in some areas such as Military, Government Agencies, Private Companies, etc.
Regarding all these, the importance of the multimedia communication over IP networks becomes more important.
Nova S/COM provides security for both inter-client communication and client-server communication, even in non-secure open networks regardless of device and operating system.
Nova S/COM client application benefits from state-of-the-art technologies and offers secure voice and video communication and instant messaging platform that prevents man-in-the-middle, intervention, eavesdropping attack. The S/COM Signaling Server, developed internally is able to perform all signaling operations including initiating calls and sending messages.
Communication between the two clients is encrypted using encryption and key exchange algorithms such as AES256, Blowfish, TribleDES, Diffie-Hellman, and all content can only be viewed by clients. The NOVA S/COM system offers software-based data, voice and video encryption options with smart cards and hardware based or no card, according to customer needs. There are also legal listening and no listening modes in accordance with customer needs.
We recommend our Nova S/COM product to all telecommunication companies, service providers and all public institutions and organizations that need secure end-to-end communication. With secure vehicle tracking system and safe whiteboard application features , logistics, training and many other sectors will be provided a safe environment.
- Signaling Server is responsible for all signalizations such as Login, Im, and Call. Developed with java framework, so that it is operation system independent.
- Smartcard Initialization Application prepares a new smartcard ready for use.
- Turn Server (Traversal Using Relay NAT) assists in traversal of network address translators (NAT) or firewalls for multimedia applications.
- Admin Web Application is a server monitoring application shows us about Server’s CPU, RAM usage and Signaling Server’s thread queues, dBs connection pool size. You can also do some User Operations.
- Web Client supports Chrome, Firefox, and IE-10.
- Android Client can make secure voice and video calls and send secure IMs.
- IOS Client can make secure voice and video calls and send secure IMs.
- File Encryption encrypts any file which can only be opened by target
- Lawful Interception can listen any communication by a lawful request
How we differ from Crypto Phones
When discussing secure communication, the first thing that comes to mind is usually crypto phones.
- Nova NOVA S/COM provides secure communication and quality service, and is device and Operating System independent. Crypto phones are device-dependent and need a compatible client device to establish a secure call.
- With Nova S/COM, new users only need a smartcard and they can be online in just a couple of minutes. Conversely, new users of crypto phones need to first obtain a new crypto phone.
- RSA keys are generated by the smartcard itself. Therefore, there is no way for an unwanted person to find out keys.
- Nova S/COM can run on any Android or iOS smart phones. Smartphones and their related products develop very quickly, and it is very hard for crypto phones to keep up with the changing technology.
- Encryption algorithms AES256, Blowfish, and TripleDes.
- Easily extendable with others.
- Smart Card : RSA 2048/4096 – SHA512 – (CC EAL5+)
- Dynamic encryption algorithm and key change mechanism
- High quality encrypted video and audio. Latency < 400 ms.
- 200.000 calls per hour, call signalization time : 1.5 ms.
- 3.000.000 IMs per hour, IM sent and received time:0.260 ms.
Audio and Video
- Video codecs: VP8, VP9, H264. Adaptive video codec mechanism for network quality changes.
- Audio codes: ISAC, G722, ILBC, PCMU, PCMA. No voice feedback, no echo.
Random Number Generation
- Java Secure Random (NIST SP800-90A)
- On SmardCard’s chip generated random number (FIPS 140−2)
- Android version 4.4 (Kitkat and API level 19) and upper.
- IOS version 8.0 and upper.
- WebClient (Chrome, Firefox, and IE-10)
- 2048 bit Elliptic Curve Di_e-Hellman (ECDSA) for key agreement
- Internet-Based : 3G/4G & LTE / Wireless Network